Now in Austin, TX!Imagine and design solutions that use GIS, imagery information and other big data sources to shape a better future. Develop an application, platform or process that represents useful ways you envision technology will have a real world impact, in Austin, and beyond. Be creative! No problem is too big or too small.
Ideas to consider:
- What kind of indicators and warnings exist to predict social unrest? (food, weather, crime, employment, health, education, etc)?
- Can you create automated workflows that will reduce need for human analysis?
- How can you utilize Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to prevent social unrest?
- Analyze location data about large special events to improve planning and risk management (e.g., types and locations of services and support personnel).
- What other new and growing technologies can you use to interpret and manipulate large data sets?
- Or anything else that inspires you!
PLEASE NOTE: our dates for this hack have changed from July 22-23 to the 29th-30th.
When you register and/or purchase your ticket to this event you are accepting the terms of the participant agreement and code of conduct found here: Participant Agreement
All participants MUST be present in the building to be awrded a prize. Example: If you start as a team of 5 and only 3 are present during demos, the 3 present will be awarded the entirety of the prize won.
Each team is responsible for their travel exepnses to and from the venue including meals and lodging.
How to enter
All Participants must be registered on Eventbrite.
Join us on Slack https://austinexpeditionhacks.slack.com/signup this is a great place to ask specific questions and hash out ideas with us.
Tech Scout - NGA
How impactful will this solution be for it’s target audience? Is it scalable?
How original is this solution?
How well designed is this solution, from front end through to UI/UX?
How well executed is this solution from start to finish?